The vision of Signal and Image processing lab (SIPL) is to implement a mission system capable of presenting fused data from Radar, EW and Video sensors. SIPL focuses on projects that are aligned towards its vision.
The responsibilities of SIPL includes Algorithm design, Embedded software, Hardware implementation and System integration. The figure on the right shows the Project Life-cycle followed in SIPL.
In Radar Signal Processing we are currently working on implementation and simulation of real-time algorithms for:
- Range-Doppler processing.
- Range-Doppler-Angle processing.
- Data processing.
- Target tracking.
- Plot extraction and display.
- Task generation and Scheduling in multi-functional radar.
In EW signal analysis we are focusing on:
- Spectrum scanning.
- Direction finding.
- Classification of digital modulations.
Hardware & Software capabilities:
In terms of Hardware and Software capabilities, SIPL has:
- MATLAB FPGA tools.
- LabView FPGA tools.
- Xilinx tools.
- Multicore DSP cards.
- Xilinx and Altera FPGA cards.
- National instruments based Vision and Image processing system.
- SWIR camera.